[mythtv-users] Speed up HLS

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:26:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 6:12 AM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Mon May 14, 2012 at 10:27:10PM -0500, Mitchell Gore wrote:
> > In Mythtv-Setup i set to allow userjobs consumption to high.  When I am
> > running a job and looking at my CPU's I only see 10-50% usage on each
> CPU.
> > VMware shows ~40% CPU usage.
>
> I would try scaling back on the vCPUs assigned to the VM. More isn't
necessarily better. Do update the thread setting as suggested by Chris but
remember that hyperthreading does not equal a real core. In this situation
with an uneven vCPU count the host will be sharing a logical core with the
VM.  I would also make sure that physical RAM is properly distributed
between the 2 CPUs.