[mythtv-users] Failed to Scan SG Video Hosts

Andrew Potter andrew at potter.id.au
Tue May 15 12:13:42 UTC 2012

Ok, Getting this error and with help from Nick Rout, have narrowed it down
to an inadvertent hostname change.

Hostname was changed when I was having trouble with the install, due to
sound issues. So performed a full install again but restored the database. I
thought I had kept the same hostname but I screwed  on a capital and
transposed a term. I thought the host name was something like
Potter-Myth-Master-Backend.

I completed a bit more checking and found the storagegroup table has 36
rows.

18 where the hostname is incorrect "potter-Myth-Backend-Master" and 18 where
the hostname is the new name "Potter-Myth-Master-Backend". So as suspected
it is a hostname problem.

So to fix the issue is it OK to run a sql command to delete all database
entries that refer to the old hostname?

Or should I, as suggested in section 23.12 of the documentation, issue the
following command:-

mythconverg_restore.pl --change_hostname
--old_hostname="potter-Myth-Backend-Master"
--new_hostname="Potter-Myth-MasterBackend"

I am concerned this will just modify the first 18 rows to duplicate the
second 18 rows in the storage group table and possibly elsewhere in other
tables!!

Andrew