[mythtv-users] Speed up HLS

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue May 15 11:12:31 UTC 2012

* On Mon May 14, 2012 at 10:27:10PM -0500, Mitchell Gore wrote:
> In Mythtv-Setup i set to allow userjobs consumption to high.  When I am
> running a job and looking at my CPU's I only see 10-50% usage on each CPU.
> VMware shows ~40% CPU usage.

HLS encoding is not done by the JobQueue currently.

You could bump up the number of threads that HLS encoding will use by
looking for HTTPLiveStreamThreads in
programs/mythtranscode/transcode.cpp and changing that number to 4 or
something higher than 2.

The code is setup to use up to 8 slices per frame, so it should be able
to take advantage of up to 8 cores by changing that one variable above.

There is also a dedicated decode thread which is not included in that
count above.  The value above is just for encode threads.

--
Chris