[mythtv-users] Can't restore Database

Greg greg12866 at nycap.rr.com
Tue May 15 03:53:51 UTC 2012

I was having problems with my setup so I decided to format and start
over...Everything goes fine until I try to restore my database.. I have
restored many times in the past and never had an issue..
I am able to run mythtv-setup with a new DB and I can set it up,but I
would like to not loose my settings..

Here is a verbose attempt...

Configuring environment:
   -    username: greg
   -        HOME: /home/greg
   - MYTHCONFDIR: /home/greg/.mythtv

Parsing configuration files:
   - checking: /home/greg/.mythtv/config.xml
      parsing: /home/greg/.mythtv/config.xml
   - checking: /home/greg/.mythtv/backuprc
      parsing: /home/greg/.mythtv/backuprc

Applying command-line arguments.

Checking configuration.

No filename specified. Attempting to find the newest database backup.
Using database backup file:
/video4/db_backups/mythconverg-1301-20120510093443.sql.gz

WARNING: DBName not specified. Using mythconverg

WARNING: DBHostName not specified.
          Assuming it is specified in the MySQL options file.

WARNING: DBUserName not specified.
          Assuming it is specified in the MySQL options file.

WARNING: DBPassword not specified.
          Assuming it is specified in the MySQL options file.

Database Information:
          DBHostName:
              DBPort: -1
          DBUserName:
          DBPassword:
              DBName: mythconverg
         DBSchemaVer:
   DBBackupDirectory: /video4/db_backups
    DBBackupFilename: mythconverg-1301-20120510093443.sql.gz
       drop_database: no
     create_database: no

Executables:
        mysql_client: mysql
          uncompress: gzip -d

Miscellaneous:
     partial_restore: no
    restore_xmltvids: no
     change_hostname: no

Checking database.

Unable to connect to database.
            database: mythconverg
                host:
            username:
            password:

Please check your configuration files to verify the database connection
information is correct.  The files that are used to retrieve connection
information are prefixed with "parsing" in the "Parsing configuration files"
section of the --verbose output.

Also note that any [client] or [mysql] password specified in the MySQL
options
file (/etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf or ~/.my.cnf) will take
precedence over
the password specified in the MythTV configuration files.

ERROR: Unable to connect to database.

Any ideas??????