[mythtv-users] Sync live tweets to recording playback

Chris Watson mythtv-users at needhammarket.co.uk
Mon May 14 21:04:48 UTC 2012

<AANLkTik2Onnu1e_L8_U4PL3zBE1+iszt_23tJ84a5Lqv at mail.gmail.com>

>On Sun, Feb 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM, Richard Morton
><richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>You can specify a command to be called to display the each tweet.  So
>you can supply a simple script to display it on the OSD.  This way you
>can handle the tweets any way you'd like.  And the app doesn't have to
>run locally on the frontend.  So, for example, you can run it on a
>laptop and have the tweets displayed locally if you like.
>
>As for filters, so far you can only specify one or more twitterers
>(tweeters?).  I could eventually add a hash tag and search word filter
>in the future.  In the meantime, you can use the Twitter API for any
>kind of search and save the file locally.  Then you can feed the file
>to the app.  There's an example in the help text.
>
>As for the live streaming API, I plan on adding it eventually.  It
>wasn't a priority since there are already scripts out there to display
>live tweets...they just don't support playing them in sync if you are
>time shifted.
>
>-Mike

Hi Mike - this looks like a pretty interesting script.

I intend to try and get this working with 0.25 (mythtvosd being broken in
0.24) when I upgrade at the weekend and was wondering if you have attempted
to get this working with the hash tag or search word filter that you
mentioned?

When I tried to use this with 0.24 - before I realised that mythtvosd was
deprecated - I got the following response against some recordings (but not
all) - Error: MythControl: Failed to parse duration.  I assume that this
has something to do with not being able to parse the duration of the
recording for some reason (rather than being an error in relation to osd).
 Have you come across this before?

Kind regards
Chris