[mythtv-users] Deleted recordings in limbo after upgrade to 0.25

cats22 at comcast.net cats22 at comcast.net
Mon May 14 17:09:23 UTC 2012

On 05/14/2012 12:32 PM, cats22 wrote:
>> On 05/14/2012 11:18 AM, cats22 wrote:
>>> Before my upgrade from 0.24 to 0.25 the default storage group was 95%
>>> used, but about 50% of it was deleted recordings. I use the option of
>>> keeping deleted recordings until the space is needed.
>>>
>>> After upgrade, two days later I noticed there was nothing showing in
>>> the deleted group in the frontend. I also noticed that newly deleted
>>> recordings showed in the deleted group for about 5 minutes then
>>> disappeared.
>>>
>>> I checked mythweb and saw that there were about 160 deleted recordings
>>> showing there.
>>>
>>> I changed the frontend setting for how long to keep deleted recordings
>>> from 0 to -1 so that future deleted recordings are kept until space is
>>> required.
>>>
>>> Now the default storage group is 80% used and still there are some 160
>>> recordings showing as deleted in MythWeb but none showing as deleted
>>> in the front end.
>>>
>>> Since the usage went from 95% to 80% it must have purged some but not
>>> all of the deleted recordings.
>>>
>>> How do I get the 160 deleted recordings to show in the frontend, in
>>> sync with MythWeb, and how to I get it to save those 160 deleted
>>> recordings until space is needed?
>> In Watch Recordings, if you hit MENU (once or twice, as required), then
>> Change Group Filter, does it list "Deleted" as an available recording
>> group?  If so, select that and you should see the deleted recordings.
>
> Yes "Deleted" is an available recording group. When I select that I see only 1 recording, this is one I deleted after setting the >"time to keep deleted recordings" to -1. The other 160 or so deleted recordings do not show there, but they do show in >MythWeb.

>OK, then what do you mean by "MythWeb"?  Which area?  The "Recorded
>Programs" page?  Or are you saying that the backend status page (which
>has nothing to do with MythWeb, but is also available in MythWeb) lists
>a lot of "Space Used by Deleted Recordings"?

>Mike

Sor ry about the quoting, I am using a web client which does not seem to handle it.

In Mythweb, "Recorded Programs" page, there is a drop down list where you can select the recording group. It has options for "all recordings", "default" and "deleted ".

When I select "deleted " I see some 160 programs listed. As I mentioned originally, these do not show in the front end when I select the "deleted " group there.

I am not sure what the backend status page says now. Before conversion it was showing some 50 GB available on each drive. I have altogether around 3 Terabytes spread over three drives.

Peter