[mythtv-users] Deleted recordings in limbo after upgrade to 0.25

cats22 at comcast.net cats22 at comcast.net
Mon May 14 15:18:42 UTC 2012

Before my upgrade from 0.24 to 0.25 the default storage group was 95% used, but about 50% of it was deleted rec ordings. I use the option of keeping deleted recordings until the space is needed.

After upgrade, two days later  I noticed there was nothing showing in the deleted group in the  frontend. I also noticed that newly deleted recordings showed in the deleted group for about 5 minutes then disappeared.

I checked mythweb and saw that there were about 160 deleted recordings showing there.

I  changed the frontend setti ng for how long to keep deleted recordings from 0 to -1 so that future deleted recordings are kept until space is required.

Now the default storage group is 80% used and still there are some 160 recordings showing as deleted in MythWeb but none showing as deleted in the front end.

Since the usage went from 95% to 80% it must have purged some but not all of the deleted recordings.

How do I get the 160 deleted recordings to show in the frontend, in sync with MythWeb, and how to I get it to save those 160 deleted recordings until space is needed?

Peter