[mythtv-users] Quiet PC / Frontend recomendation

Brian Long briandlong at gmail.com
Mon May 14 12:46:09 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Paul <paul at paulhurley.co.uk> wrote:

> WD Caviar Blue WD3200AAKS - Hard drive - 320 GB - internal - 3.5" -
> SATA-300 - 7200 rpm - buffer: 16 MB - £58.87

Not sure if there is an SSD price war taking place in the UK like it is
here in the USA, but right now you can get a 128GB Crucial M4 for about
US$100 right now.  If you're just installing a small Linux distro for
MythTV, you could get by with a 32GB or 64GB disk.  Do you need 320GB of
space?  If not, I'd go with an SSD since it's completely quiet.

/Brian/