[mythtv-users] 0.25 not autodiscoving mount point for bluray discs

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Mon May 14 10:51:14 UTC 2012

On 14/05/12 03:56, kenkyee at yahoo.com wrote:
> Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
>
>> when did I ever say that it automounted to that folder? I say /media/bluray
>> is a link to the folder where the disk is mounted
>
> Oh.  I thought you managed to get your Linux setup to automount (via script
> etc.) blurays to /media/bluray to solve the one click playback in MythTV's
> optical playback menu :-) Telling it each time (via settings) where to find
> the disc when it's mounted doesn't seem like a user friendly solution :-P

You are making this a lot harder than it need be...

Just do:

root at hostname# ln -s /dev/sr0 /mnt/bluray

That's all the suggestion was. You do that *once* and only *once*, before you
run anything mythtv related. Now you can reference /mnt/bluray in your mythtv-setup.

(Fine details concerning mount point names and permissions may vary according to
distro and hardware.)

--

Mike Perkins