[mythtv-users] 0.25 not autodiscoving mount point for bluray discs

kenkyee at yahoo.com kenkyee at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 02:27:55 UTC 2012

Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:

> I created the bluray folder/link myself; it's not something that comes with Ubuntu. Running 12.04 here.

Interesting.  I tried adding a /media/bluray folder and Ubuntu 12.04 does *not* automount into that directory...you must have done something else?
I tried posting in the Ubuntu multimedia forums to see if anyone knows how to force blurays to mount to a specific mount point instead of /media/<volumename> but no replies yet :-P

> At this stage; the easier for you may be to create a play bluray entry in the optical menu; that starts a script
> mounting the path where you mount t; and calling mythavtest with bd://path/to/folder

But I wouldn't have to if the "alternate player" worked until setup/multimedia_settings/player_settings :-P
I already have a script that autodetects the mount and fires up mythavtest.  I put the path to the script in that "alternate player" configuration field.
Yes, I could modify the optical menu.xml to launch it instead, but I *shouldn't* have to :-(
Has anyone been able to get "alternate player" to work?

Mike Perkins wrote
> We've had this problem for a long while now, and
information on how to handle it is in the wiki. What you
> (and I mean
*you*, the owner of the equipment) basically have to do is set udev
rules which identify
> the hardware by, say, the manufacturer or model
number and use those to create dependable symlinks
> which you can then
use in mythtv-setup.

From how I understand udev to work, you can key off manufacturer IDs of equipment to trigger symlinks.
In this case, I'm inserting a disc into a device which won't trigger a udev rule.