[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase issues

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 14 01:51:46 UTC 2012

On 05/13/2012 08:24 PM, Chris Porter wrote:
> for the record I do see some download errors in the log file for just the
> plain mythfilldatabase download. Most of the time it does not error out. I
> do believe it is some sort of time out issue with the download manager and
> Schedules Direct / TMS servers.

There were timing changes (see: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/attachment/ticket/10662/downloadmanager.diff)
but I don't see them in my 0.26-pre checkout. That won't help much, as it doesn't appear you're building
from source.

The new error messages were added 4/30/2012 (see: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/9e59131ec6d352a6fdafc810b004765ba43588a7/mythtv)
however, you must run with -v file and loglevel debug to see them.

I suspect you're on the way to writing a new ticket on Trac, so you'll need this anyhow:

   mythfilldatabase --nodblog --loglevel debug --verbose file,network --logpath /tmp --dd-grab-all

You can then attach it to the ticket (and put a copy in filebin.ca if you want folks on this list
to look at it.)  Its also much easier to read than the folded lines in email.

If you're comfortable with protocol analysis, you can use tcpdump or wireshark to watch what's going
on. In an earlier case (not the @ in the login one) the user wasn't sending SchedulesDirect the proper
Realm (it was NULL, rather than an email address.) That user reverted to 0.24 for the time being.
You're looking for:  Authorization: Digest username="yourNameHere", realm="TMSWebServiceRealm"...
in the HTTP sent in response to the 401 error from SchedulesDirect.

There are instructions for using tcpdump in: http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/10662#comment:11

--
Good luck,

Bill