[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase issues

Chris Porter hoodlum7 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:21:37 UTC 2012

On May 13, 2012 5:03 PM, "Bill Meek" <keemllib at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 05/13/2012 05:34 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>> On 05/13/2012 05:55 PM, Chris Porter wrote:
>>>
>>> I am having a strange issue with mythfilldatabase. If I run
mythfilldatabase with no arguments it is able to retrieve listing data.
However,
>>> if I do mythfilldatabase with the --dd-grab-all option it fails to
retrieve data. I made sure I am using a login to Schedules direct without
>>> an @ in the login name and I am only running QT 4.7.0
>>>
>>> This suggests to me there is some minor difference between how
mythfilldatabase talks to schedules direct when using the --dd-grab-all
option
>>> which causes it to fail.
>>

>> Are you on 0.25+? If so, is it current -fixes? There may be an issue
with a timeout which occurs only with --dd-grab-all if it takes the server
>> too long to get the data. I think Gavin fixed this with a better
timeout, but am not sure.

> Hi;
>
> You probably alread read this too, but try:
>
>  mythfilldatabase --nodblog --loglevel debug --verbose file,network
--logpath /tmp --dd-grab-all

> If its the problem I had with ubuntu 12.04/MySQL 5.5, my log always
stalled* here:

>  DataDirect: sourceid 1 has lineup type: LocalBroadcast
>
> which was solved with input from one of the IRC channels and involves
changing the
> storage engine. But, I did that on my test box and would really like
Mike's input
> before broadcasting a solution for production machines.
>
> --
> Bill
>
> * I'm now running in 51 seconds where it was taking hours.

I am on 0.25 fixes from 20120408-1.

I did do the logging and no problem with mysql. I just see a down load
failure with an error code 99.

I guess I can try a more recent version of fixes 0.25.