[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase issues

Bill Meek keemllib at gmail.com
Mon May 14 00:03:34 UTC 2012

On 05/13/2012 05:34 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 05/13/2012 05:55 PM, Chris Porter wrote:
>> I am having a strange issue with mythfilldatabase. If I run mythfilldatabase with no arguments it is able to retrieve listing data. However,
>> if I do mythfilldatabase with the --dd-grab-all option it fails to retrieve data. I made sure I am using a login to Schedules direct without
>> an @ in the login name and I am only running QT 4.7.0
>>
>> This suggests to me there is some minor difference between how mythfilldatabase talks to schedules direct when using the --dd-grab-all option
>> which causes it to fail.
>
> Are you on 0.25+? If so, is it current -fixes? There may be an issue with a timeout which occurs only with --dd-grab-all if it takes the server
> too long to get the data. I think Gavin fixed this with a better timeout, but am not sure.

Hi;

You probably alread read this too, but try:

   mythfilldatabase --nodblog --loglevel debug --verbose file,network --logpath /tmp --dd-grab-all

If its the problem I had with ubuntu 12.04/MySQL 5.5, my log always stalled* here:

   DataDirect: sourceid 1 has lineup type: LocalBroadcast

which was solved with input from one of the IRC channels and involves changing the
storage engine. But, I did that on my test box and would really like Mike's input
before broadcasting a solution for production machines.

--
Bill

* I'm now running in 51 seconds where it was taking hours.