[mythtv-users] No MythTV video after Ubuntu 12.04 Upgrade

Julian Gilbey julian-mythtv at d-and-j.net
Sun May 13 22:40:26 UTC 2012

On Wed, 9 May 2012 14:43, Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com wrote:
> Ubuntu have upgraded a lot of their drivers.
>
> try to change video playback to opengl (setup->videos -> playback);
> with Opengl in Setup->Appearances as Paint Engine
>
> If that doesn't work
> Playback: Normal
> Paint Engine: Qt
>
> One of this should work, the first is best

I have a similar problem with the deb-multimedia.org upgrade to 0.25.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 laptop, with "Integrated Graphics Chipset:
Intel(R) GM45", using the intel driver from X.Org.

Using OpenGL as Paint Engine is disastrous - everything changes very
slowly as the image changes, leaving much ghosting, even when simply
changing from one menu page to another.

So I'm using Paint Engine: Qt
Then using Playback: normal gives no video image whatsoever, while
Playback: OpenGL Normal gives a very jumpy image (one frame per second
or thereabouts).

In version 0.24, the image was absolutely fine, so there is a
regression here somewhere.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

  Julian