[mythtv-users] Dish to Unveil DVR Commercial Zapper

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 13 12:31:21 UTC 2012

On 05/12/2012 08:54 AM, Brian J. Murrell wrote:
> On 12-05-11 10:15 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:
>> Nonsense
> My feeling as well.  I noticed that the person authoring that claim
> failed to provide the citation as I requested.
>
> It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that just go about
> spouting rubbish with no basis of truth and don't provide any proof of
> truth when challenged.
>
> It also never ceases to amaze me how much progress I make getting what I
> want when dealing with such people when they are challenged about the
> rubbish they spout.  More people need to challenge rubbish-spouters when
> they told they can't have/do something because [rubbish].

I'd guess the "rubbish" he was spouting was a reference to the ReplayTV
lawsuit, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayTV#Legal_battle .  While it
was never concluded--because fighting the lawsuit drove SONICblue to
bankruptcy--the point is that there will almost definitely be a
challenge.  So, perhaps a better way of saying it would be, "In the dear
ole USA, lawsuits can be used in an attempt to prevent 'any method to
avoid watching commercials'--and will often be successful due to the
prohibitive cost of defending the feature."

Mike