[mythtv-users] Don't understand Job Queue

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Sat May 12 20:29:17 UTC 2012

On 10/05/12 22:47, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> On 5/10/2012 17:12, Alan Chandler wrote:
>> I think I sussed it.  I needed to run mythtv-setup and allow the backend
>> to run these jobs.  Before it wasn't allowed.  Now I have mythtv-backend
>> running again, I can see the jobs are actually running.
>
> Default configuration for backends is to allow them to run commercial
> detection and transcode tasks.  Had you disabled them?

I might have - I have been running Debian stable packages for some time,
and only when the recent upgrades on my desktop brought in a 0.25
frontend that broke my 0.24 configuration have I compiled it (the
backend) myself.  The database is just upgraded from  whatever it was
before.

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk