[mythtv-users] Mythweb .25 "does not exist in any recognized storage group"

Bruce Ruona bruce.ruona at gmail.com
Sat May 12 11:56:13 UTC 2012

when attempting to open any ASX or direct download, I'm unable to view and
receive an on-screen error:
[some MPG file name ] does not exist in any recognized storage group for
this host

currently running MythTV-fixes .25 on Fedora 16-64 bit running a single
BE/FE and on a completely fresh build of both OS and Myth.

I have a 2 TB Drive mounted as MythTV under the "Media" directory, and my
default storage group contains one directory "/media/MythTV/recordings"

Permissions on MythTv and the recordings directory are correct
(mythtv:mythtv) I've even tried modd'ing to 777 with no change.

I can record and watch programs on the FE.

I've googled this and I see many solutions for this for Video and Music,
but not for the recorded programs?