[mythtv-users] Difficulty with video storage group

Simon Waldman lists at firecloud.org.uk
Sat May 12 07:30:55 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Simon Waldman <lists at firecloud.org.uk> wrote:

> Today I've been trying to watch a video (as opposed to a recording). I
> was told "There are no videos in the database. Would you like to scan
> your video directories now?"
> I said Yes, and got "A video scan found no files, have you configured
> a video storage group?".

OK, the mystery is solved - I had the Videos view filtered to only
show watched recordings (and everything in the storage group is
unwatched).
On one hand I feel very silly.
On the other hand, there are a couple of points to raise from this:

1. A little RFE for a more helpful error message that doesn't say
"There are no videos in the database" when there are videos in the
database but they are currently filtered out.

2. A bug report: I can reset the filter to show all, but if I go out
of the Videos screen and then return to it, the filter comes back
every time. It is entirely possible that that filter was set when I
upgraded from 0.24: could it have become "stuck" somehow in the
upgrade?

Let me know if I can help by trying anything, but at least now I am
able to watch videos, albeit with the extra step of turning off the
filter each time :-)

--
Simon Waldman
swaldman at firecloud.org.uk