[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes mythmusic "TagLib: Could not open file"

Paul Harrison mythtv at sky.com
Sat May 12 06:59:18 UTC 2012

On 12/05/2012, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 10:52 PM, Michael T. Dean
> <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>> On 05/11/2012 10:16 PM, Steven Adeff wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm getting this error in a scan, the file permissions are set to read
>>> for the file for all users and I've verified ythe mythtv user can play
>>> the files.
>>> any other reason this error would be given?
>>>

>> Music files on a SMB/CIFS share?
>>
>> Mike
>
> nope, local drive, xfs

There was some minor re-factoring of the tag reading done by Stuart
that may have something to do with this. It was something to do with
having both vorbis comments and id3 tags in the same file if I recall
correctly. I'd have to go find the ticket/commits to see what changed
to be sure.

It would be useful if you have them installed to try the taglib
example programs framelist and tagreader to see if they produce the
results you were expecting.

Paul H.