[mythtv-users] 0.25-fixes: mythnetvision no sound

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Fri May 11 23:30:40 UTC 2012

On May 12, 2012 12:14 AM, "Steven Adeff" <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> trying to get mythnetvision working and am noticing that I don't get
> sound. I assume it's something with flash, but not sure what the best
> way to tackle this issue is.
>
> anyone have any advice?
>
> thanks!
> --
> Steve
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/User:Steveadeff
> Before you ask, read the FAQ!
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions
> then search the Wiki, and this list,
> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/

Is sound working in your OS, outside of myth for example?

Flash in mythnetvision doesn't use myths sound settings, so everything else
in myth might have sound fine, but not in mythnetvision.

I had this problem and had to create an asound.conf in my home directory to
set the same hdmi device as in myth.

Search for asound.conf and you will find some good info.

Cheers

Martin