[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri May 11 17:51:49 UTC 2012

On 05/11/2012 01:21 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 11/05/12 00:23, Scott&  Nicole Harris wrote:
>>> I've created a temporary fork on GitHub at
>>> git://github.com/paul-h/mythtv.git
>>> that includes these patches.
>>> * add directory browsing
>>> * add some SWITCHTO* keybindings for all the views
>>> * make "All Tracks" add all tracks
>>> * add quick scrolling using number keys to the buttonlist
>>> * add TOGGLESHUFFLE and TOGGLEREPEAT key bindings
>>> * remove some no longer used keybindings
>>> I will probably merge in some other stuff as time allows.
>> Thanks Paul!  Any chance this stuff will make its way back into
>> regular 'ole 0.25+fixes?
> It's not up to me to decide any more thankfully :) but usually only bug
> fixes get backported to the fixes branch and I don't think any of these
> really count as bug fixes. There is only a small chance that any of the
> patches will make it into master. I have emailed Stuart Morgan who is
> the only other dev who has shown any interest in MythMusic in the past
> to let him know about the fork with the patches and told him he is
> welcome to use anything on there if he wishes but I've had no reply from
> him so it doesn't look hopeful. He has been committing stuff so he is
> around just not talking to me it would seem :( I know he doesn't
> subscribe to the users list so he is probably unaware of the comments
> being made about the new MythMusic maybe someone else should try talking
> to him?

FWIW, he's aware of the threads here, and he did receive your e-mail(s)
(I know for a fact he got the one you describe)--but he's just been busy
with some other stuff, so probably hasn't gotten a chance to reply,
start working on it, or anything.

> Anyway I think I have done just about as much as I can to help remedy
> the complaints and keep everyone happy even though I'm no longer part of
> the project. What happens from now on is out of my hands.

And we do thank you for the initial and continuing work you've done on
MythMusic.

Mike