[mythtv-users] Can I play music on 2 frontend simultaneously ?

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Fri May 11 17:44:29 UTC 2012

Hi

On 21 February 2012 08:15, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> Yes.  You can play music on both frontends simultaneously.
> No.  There is no mechanism to maintain synchronization of playback for
> two independent frontends.

Resuscitating an old thead, but I had bookmarked it a while ago

Myth airplay server completely and properly handle the time syncing
nature of AirPlay (and AFAIK, it's the only RAOP implementation doing
so  other than AppleTV/Airport Express)

So using airplay and iTunes, you should be able to achieve exactly
that: (almost) perfect syncrhonisation between the various airplay
session running on mythfrontend.
Simply select the mythtv device in iTunes. You can have more than one

I tried here with one machine being on wireless, and another on a lan
; sync was almost perfect between the two frontends despite the
difference in network's latency

Having said that, if the aim is just to play audio through multiple
device, an airport express or apple tv would be much cheaper than the
PC required to run mythfrontend.

My $0.02.