[mythtv-users] Can't see my tuner card?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Fri May 11 09:04:43 UTC 2012

Batshua bat Yehonatan wrote:

>I have an WinTV HVR 1250.
>
>It is a relatively new card; I bought it to replace an older one
>that got damaged in transit.
>
>My new computer (rebuilt almost entirely from scratch) can't see it in lspci.

Can you try the card in another machine ?
Have you another card you can try in that slot ?
Does it show in any BIOS screens during boot ?
Does anything change if you swap cards around slots within the same machine ?

These ought to track down whether it's a card problem, or a machine
problem, or some combination. I think (though could be wrong) that
devices should show up with lspci even if there are no drivers loaded
for them, but just in case it is a software/driver (though the 1250
is hardly what you could call bleeding edge) issue :

If you boot from an up to date (for example) Knoppix disk, does it show up ?

--
Simon Hobson