[mythtv-users] Can't see my tuner card?

Batshua bat Yehonatan batshua at gmail.com
Fri May 11 07:39:27 UTC 2012

Okay, so I keep failing to ask on IRC when people are actually awake and
around, so I thought I'd try the list.

I have an WinTV HVR 1250.

It is a relatively new card; I bought it to replace an older one that got
damaged in transit.

My new computer (rebuilt almost entirely from scratch) can't see it in
lspci.

I am pretty sure the card is seated properly.

Uhm, so … what's next?

I have so many problems with my setup right now.

I fixed the HD audio issue; I'm struggling with HDMI/xorg.conf stuff, but
I'd be REALLY happy if I could at LEAST get the tuner card set up properly,
but the backend setup thingie isn't seeing it.

Thanks so much for any help you can render.