[mythtv-users] How do I stop mythtv 0.25 from putting bad xmlids on my channels. Change freqid?

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Fri May 11 04:50:21 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 12:35:12AM -0400, Raymond Wagner wrote:
> In mythtv-setup, in the channel editor, after scanning in your channels,
> manually set the correct XMLTV ID.  If one is already set,
> mythfilldatabase wont try to automatically decide one on its own.

I see, so where it is a channel for which I don't have an xmlid, I should
put 1 instead of deleting the data.

Thanks for the tip.

Now mythfilldatabase is wrong, filling subchannels is obviously always going
to be wrong. It's annoying that I have to now manually fix/remove all that
data (myth 0.24 and earlier did not do that).
Is there a bug somewhere on that, or should I file one?

thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/