[mythtv-users] Clock shows wrong on spanish

Nicolas Riendeau knight at teksavvy.com
Thu May 10 23:46:36 UTC 2012

Hi!

On 5/10/2012 6:12 PM, Josu Lazkano wrote:
> Hello all, I have a problem with the clock on spanish language. On
> 0.24 it shows well, but when I upgrade to 0.25, it doesn't look well.
>
> Here is a capture: http://i39.tinypic.com/2r44h76.jpg
>
> Is this related to the theme or to the mythtv code?

Neither, it's in the translation files...

There's a template to show the date and time (it normally contains
"%DATE%, %TIME%") and it was translated (only in core and not in the
plugins) into "%FECHA%, %HORA%" which are not recognized by the application.

There are so many strings to translate that once in a while small
problems like this can happen...

I'm currently working a program to scan translation for problems and
this is one of the things I will try to search for.

> I try different themes and same problem on all.

Every theme which use that template will have the problem...

> Someone could try to change the language to spanish?

No need, I can confirm that the problem you have is there....

Have a nice day!

Nicolas

PS: I'm sending a copy of this email to the Spanish translator so that
he can submit an updated translation (or ask me to modify it for him if
he only has this entry to modify and if he is OK with it).