[mythtv-users] Back-end Virtualization

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Thu May 10 13:15:38 UTC 2012

2012/5/10 Nathan Hawkins <nateh at thfcom.com>:
> Is ‘Anyone’ virtualizing their backend?! I cant believe I’m the only person
> out there who wants to do this… If you are using a VM…please explain how ya
> have things setup. If you aren’t and you feel inclined to contribute please
> add what you think the best hardware would be to use to accomplish this
> goal. Personally I think you have to use 64 Bit USB tuner cards/sticks (w/e
> ya wanna call em…) and then share the USB resource through the base platform
> thru to the VM. Its totally theoretical, but I have a WinTV-HVR 950 and I
> want to give it a go. Does Myth recognize these cards in the base code or do
> I have to mess around with drivers?

Hello,

I've also tried virtualing my backend with kvm, all worked nice untill
I tried to pass through my hauppauge 150 pci card to the guest.
My host kernel paniced shortly after I booted the guest and in the
best case the virt-manager crapped out with a python error.
Anybody who had more luck with kvm and hauppauge ?

Cheers
Rob