[mythtv-users] Back-end Virtualization

Joe Nyland joe at joenyland.co.uk
Thu May 10 12:46:42 UTC 2012

-----Original message-----

Doug,

I'm running an ESXi 4.1 host at the moment. When you say PCI passthrough works, I'm presuming you mean PCI passthrough of your TV card? If so, what card are you successfully passing through?

I'm looking to do the same thing, but there have been a few reports on the VMware forums that passthrough of video devices doesn't work with ESXi. If you've had some success, I'd like to give it a go, to try to avoid the need for my HDHR and/or a USB type TV card.

Thanks,

Joe