[mythtv-users] Why is my cron job not backing up my database?

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Thu May 10 03:01:24 UTC 2012

Hi list,

I just noticed that I my database has not been backing up lately and
wondering why.  If I run /usr/bin/mythconverg_backup.pl from the
command line, I get a backup.

I have the following entries in my mythtv user crontab:

#Nighlty optimization of database
5 3 * * * /usr/bin/dbtool
#Nightly backup of database
30 3 * * * /usr/bin/mythconverg_backup.pl
#Nightly run of jamu
5 4 * * * /usr/bin/jamujob.sh

I also don't think the dbtool script is running either.  That script
is the following:
#!/bin/sh

OPT_MYTHDB='/usr/bin/optimize_mythdb.pl'
LOG='/var/log/mythtv/optimize_mythdb.log'

echo "Started ${OPT_MYTHDB} on `date`" >> ${LOG}
${OPT_MYTHDB} >> ${LOG}
echo "Finished ${OPT_MYTHDB} on `date`" >> ${LOG}

Finally, I think I recall reading that .25 no longer uses jamu.
Should I delete that entry from my crontab (not that I believe it is
actually running)?