[mythtv-users] HVR4000 with DVB-S AND DVB-T?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 9 20:01:30 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 03:49 PM, plainfaceboy wrote:
> Hi - I've been using my Mythtv set up for some time, now based on;
>
> Ubuntu 10.01, myth 0.24.2-19fixes, kernel 2.6.32-41,  v4l-dvb-20100517
> and drivers v.1.26.90.0
>
> I'm currently only using the DVB-S and all is fine - pretty much
> everything working. Minor problem is that once I have watched
> something (either recording, or livetv etc), I have to exit Myth and
> comeback in to watch something else, otherwise I only get sound (and a
> black screen).

Sounds like you're using the OpenGL UI Painter and/or OpenGL video
renderer with broken drivers.  Try changing one or both (to Qt painter
and/or Xv renderer).

> However, there a few channels that are only o DVB-T I'd like to have
> (eg Dave and BBC interactive 301 etc), but whilst I could use DVB-T on
> its own, I can't get them both working together.
>
> I can set up both cards and scan/find channels on both. I am able to
> watch live tv on both DVB-S and -T, but have problems switching
> between them, and I also can't get the EIT listings to populate both.

Just to verify, you /are/ using 2 different MythTV Video Sources,
right?  You'll need one for each type of card (each "source" of
video--the satellite or the terrestrial antenna).

And, in addition to what Devin said, you should /really/ upgrade to
0.25-fixes.  It contains a /lot/ of fixes for Live TV.

Mike