[mythtv-users] 0.25 on mac-mini

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Wed May 9 10:54:12 UTC 2012

On 23 April 2012 18:46, Sean Whitney <sean.whitney at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/23/2012 10:31 AM, Craig Treleaven wrote:
[snip]

>> Are you rolling your own (osx-packager[-qtsdk].pl)?  It would be
>> interesting to see if a 32 bit version using Quartz can actually play
>> these recordings.  I know the theory is that 64 bit is better, etc. But
>> real life doesn't always pay attention to our theories!
>>
>> Craig
>
> I've never rolled my own.  For the 0.24 I would use the sourceforge
> build.  For 0.25 I've used sourceforge's and Jean's.

It's probably these are built with the latest xcode, which uses the
llvm compiler, which won't build myth in release mode, only debug. I
suspect this is the issue.

My late 2006 iMac (c2d 2 gig, ati somethingorother for the gfx) will
nolonger play 1080 HD stuff without stuttering (BBC HD and Channel 4
HD), maxing out both cores in the process, however XBMC (pointed at
the myth storage folders) plays most of the recordings just fine. (The
higher bitrate that 4HD seems to use can choke it a bit, but most are
watchable in HD.)