[mythtv-users] Audio glitches on EPG and local commercals

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon May 7 18:35:37 UTC 2012

On 05/07/2012 01:17 PM, John Morris wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 07:11 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> And if you'd like the post the whole log requested--instead of some
>> excerpt that you think is important--we can probably tell you why--i.e.
>> why you're not using VDPAU or whatever.
> Eh?  I did in the parent post.

Apologies.  All my logs start with "mythfrontend started" or
"mythbackend started", so I assumed everyone's did.

>    Starting with routine idle messages
> through punching guide and the error.  Then I snipped a series of
> repetitive normal idle traffic between the next problem when I hit page
> up.  Always a balance between flooding too much log data and not enough
> but I figured a window of over ten seconds was enough for a subsecond
> glitch in the audio.

Well, since you know there are no errors in the rest, I suppose that
means that everything is working fine and your system is just really too
slow to decode the video.

Anyway, it seems I'm too rude to help people (based on another reply to
my message in this thread, but from a different user), so I hope someone
else, who's not so rude, will be able to help.

Mike