[mythtv-users] Storage group question

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:48:00 UTC 2012

On 7 May 2012 16:44, Greg <greg12866 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> I have a lot of TV series ripped to my hard drives.. They are spread over
> 6 hard drives... They are each in their own folders  like this, Star
> Trek/Season 1/ name of episode.... I have central folder called TV_Series
> and all the TV series are linked using symbolic links....This way they are
> all presented under one menu sorted in alphabetical order... I recently
> read where this isn't the proper way to do this...My question is how would
> I get the same results using a different scheme?

Create the same file structure on each hard drive, "TV_Series" for
example.  Then, in mythtv setup, add each of these drives as a storage
group under Videos.  As long as the folder structures match on each drive,
myth will combine them and show them in the frontend as one single storage
area.

Martin