[mythtv-users] Mythtranscode, custom output directory

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:35:45 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Just got Mythtranscode working great with --honourcutlist (just some random
purple bars at the start of the video).

Anyway, this is what I run from the command line:

mythtranscode -i /var/lib/mythtv/recordings/1004_20120219212500.mpg -o
/home/user/Desktop/test.mpg --honorcutlist -p MPEG2

Which is fine, but I would like to run this from within myth and to have
the output file go to a custom location, rather than the recordings
directory, so I have set up a user job with the following:

mythtranscode -i %DIR%%FILE% -o
/media/media/Videos/Transcoded/%TITLE%-%SUBTITLE% --honorcutlist -p MPEG2

But it doesn't seem to do anything, I am guessing I can't have %DIR%%FILE%
next to each other like that?  I can't see the job start or fail in the
backend logs.

I am possibly going about this the wrong way, so any pointers appreciated.
I have considered using Mythvideoexport, but I want my cuts transcoded out,
rather than just copying the cutlist over

Cheers

Martin