[mythtv-users] any way to sort videos by alternate value

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sun May 6 18:50:40 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM, Jeremy Jones
<jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have often wanted a menu option to sort recordings by original  airdate.
> Would that also take care of your issues?

No. I want my movies sorted alphabetically, but when there is multiple
movies in a series, I'd like that series sorted amongst themselves.
You could possibly use the date to sort within the series, but you'd
still need some way to identify when multiple movies are part of a
series.

> Is that a proper field for movies?

I don't believe original airdate is, but I'm pretty sure year is.

> Is the sorting part of the theme?

I don't believe the theme has any control over that. And certainly not
to the level I'm interested in.

--
Ron Frazier