[mythtv-users] mythwelcome (the it won't shutdown problem)

Martin Ginkel martin_ginkel at web.de
Sun May 6 16:26:42 UTC 2012

Am 06.05.2012 15:57, schrieb Michael Watson:
> On 6/05/2012 10:41 PM, stinga at wolf-rock.com wrote:

>> Yes I have a shutdown command and I can execute it from mythtv user.
>>
>> Should I see a count down message?
>> Is there anything else I can look at to see what might be happening.
>>
> Yes, in my experience, it will say Idle, then start displaying "Shutdown in xxx
> secs".
> Mythwelcome is not locked from shutting down?   [Press M in mythwelcome]
> Occasionly I have seen Mythwelcome fail to shutdown on idle, (and continuously
> display Idle, restarting the MBE fixed it for me).

I experienced the same problem.
In general: not mythwelcome is shutting down the machine but mythbackend.
(the idle timer sits in the scheduler).
Mythwelcome just shows the state of the backend.

If you want to follow, what happens in the BE:

mythbackend -v idle,system

this will give you messages about the idle timing and system gives you the
status of all external commands, that are executed during the process
(mythshutdown -c etc.)

What I found strange is, that jobs in the queue inhibit shutdown, although the
jobs are all actually deferred for the next day.
(auto-transcode with deferred execution).

I have therefore filtered this status by using mythshutdown -s in a shell script
and ignoring return code 32.

          HTH
	  Martin, suspend and wakeup almost working in 0.25