[mythtv-users] mythwelcome (the it won't shutdown problem)

stinga at wolf-rock.com stinga at wolf-rock.com
Sun May 6 12:41:05 UTC 2012

On 06/05/12 10:19:24, Michael Watson wrote:
> On 5/05/2012 4:35 AM, stinga at wolf-rock.com wrote:
>> G'day all,
>>
>> I have the 'it won't countdown' problem.
>>
>> I see lots of stuff when googling but I have not managed to resolve
>> the issue.
>>
>> I have a FE/BE only machine.
>> mythwelcome runs and will start mythfrontend.
>>
>> When I exit FE I get the 'myth is idle' message but no countdown.
>> Nothing else is connected, but how would I check to make sure?
>>
>> At a bit of a loss really to work out what might be happening.
>>

> Check that you have configured a command for "Command to shutdown" in
> MythWelcome settings (Press F11 whilst in MythWelcome).  Something
> like "sudo shutdown -h now" should do.  Then ensure that the user
> running MythTV has the access to run "sudo shutdown -h now" without
> password prompt, something like the following in /etc/sudoers should
> do the trick.
>
> %mythtv ALL = NOPASSWD: /sbin/shutdown

Yes I have a shutdown command and I can execute it from mythtv user.

Should I see a count down message?
Is there anything else I can look at to see what might be happening.

--
'ooroo

stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga at wolf-rock.com      o
You need only two tools.        o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it    /@   `\  /) ~
doesn't move and it should,     >  (O)  X<  ~  Fish!!
use the hammer. If it moves and  `\___/'  \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape.           \\\