[mythtv-users] How-to AirPlay question

Jason Bright jaybright at gmail.com
Sun May 6 07:35:16 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard <jyavenard at gmail.com> wrote:
> Please upgrade to the lastest version of fixes/0.25
>
> All the issues you've seen so far should be fixed now.
> You shouldn't experience any audio interruptions anymore and AirPlay
> video should work perfectly, including seeking in YouTube application.
>
> AirPlay both audio only and video will now work using iTunes.
>
> If you still have issues, please report back

I'm running the latest 25-fixes via mythbuntu
(v0.25-59-gae7ac79).

Audio generally works well. Playback is occasionally choppy, but i'm
willing to blame that on my 3GS.
Video works fine via the youtube app, or any website that embeds youtube links.

Have never successfully got video to work from Apples "Trailers" app,
or from Sony's "Crackle" video streaming app (free).
In both cases the mythtv box gives the "Please Wait" window for a few
seconds, but never plays through. On the phone the screen changes as
if the video is streaming, and the play icon in the title bar pops on
and off a few times, but nothing comes through.

When i get some time later today I'll see if there are any
mythfrontend logs to go with it.

P.S. HUUUUGE thanks for all your development work on this. I wasn't
event expecting the feature and it's become my most used new
functionality in 0.25. Cheers!