[mythtv-users] Start frontend from irexec

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat May 5 20:21:07 UTC 2012

2012/5/5 Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com>:
> On 5/5/2012 15:54, Josu Lazkano wrote:
>>
>>         #DISPLAY=:0 mythfrontend 2>&1&
>>         mythfrontend
>>

>> It stop the frontend well, but it doesn't start. It works well if I
>> execute from a terminal. But i want to execute without a terminal.
>

> Chances are you're trying to run the frontend without an X server to use.
>  If you configured it to log somewhere, it would tell you what the problem
> was.

Thanks Raymond, I try with this:

DISPLAY=:0 xset -dpms
DISPLAY=:0 mythfrontend > /home/lazkano/mythfrontend.log 2>&1 &

And this is the log file:

$ cat mythfrontend.log
No protocol specified
mythfrontend: cannot connect to X server :0

I never configure the X server. How could I configure?

Thanks for your reply.

Regards.

--
Josu Lazkano