[mythtv-users] Start frontend from irexec

Josu Lazkano josu.lazkano at gmail.com
Sat May 5 19:54:16 UTC 2012

Hello all, I am trying to configure my remote to start the frontend.

I am using gnome on my system, I read this wiki page:
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Frontend_Loading_Script

I try lots of configuration but I can not start from the desktop, this
is my script:

#!/bin/sh

if [ ! "$(pidof mythfrontend)" ]
then
        echo "Mythfrontend is not started. Starting Mythfrontend..."
        #DISPLAY=:0 xset -dpms
        #DISPLAY=:0 mythfrontend 2>&1 &
        mythfrontend
else
        echo "Mythfrontend is already started. Stoping Mythfrontend..."
        killall mythfrontend
fi

exit 0

It stop the frontend well, but it doesn't start. It works well if I
execute from a terminal. But i want to execute without a terminal.

Anyone with this setup?

Best regards.

--
Josu Lazkano