[mythtv-users] Alternatives to MythMusic in 0.25, has anyone already found one?

Warpme warpme at o2.pl
Fri May 4 12:05:29 UTC 2012

On 4/29/12 2:03 PM, Paul Harrison wrote:
> On 25/04/12 04:53, Eric Sharkey wrote:
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> Nice to see someone doing something positive for a change :) It's
> against my better judgement but only because I'm in a good mood I
> thought I'd try to address some of these issues :)
>
>> 1.  There should be a top level menu entry called Path which can
>> browse music by filesystem path.
> The attached patch adds a Directory node to the playlist tree that
> allows you to browse your music by filesystem path. It works exactly
> like the existing nodes in the playlist editor so selecting a node will
> either add or replace all the tracks below the node to the active
> playlist. I've only done a quick test to see if it compiles and works as
> expected so it needs someone to do a more thorough test. If someone
> wants to give it a try let me know and I will quickly knock up a
> mm_directory.png icon which is required for the gallery view. It would
> be even better if someone with more artistic skill than me could come up
> with some replacements for all the gallery view icons.
>
>> 2.  There should be a single key press to get to the tree view, with a
>> default binding of "3"
> There is a move to get away from having to remember cryptic key presses
> to do things that only work on one screen. The preferred method is to
> use the menu to switch views. The old 'Play Music' and 'Show music
> playlists' jump points still work AFAIK but I wouldn't bind one of them
> to the '3' key because jumppoints are global and are executed before any
> other action.
>
> It would be easy to add some extra key bindings to the 'Music' context
> to switch views. In main.cpp setupKeys() add
>
> REG_KEY("Music", "SWITCHTOPLAYLISTEDITORTREE",
> QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("MythControls",
>          "Switch to the playlist editor tree view"), "3");
>

> and then in the MusicCommon::keypressHandler() add something like
>
> if (action == "SWITCHTOPLAYLISTEDITORTREE"&&  m_currentView !=
> MV_PLAYLISTEDITORTREE)
>      switchView(MV_PLAYLISTEDITORTREE);
>
> a more generic method would be to use the existing NEXTVIEW and PREVVIEW
> key bindings to cycle through the views but I seem to remember there
> being a clash with the default NEXTTRACK and PREVTRACK key bindings.
>
>> 3.  "All Tracks" should be a selectable object to add all tracks to the playlist
> If you want to add all your tracks to the playlist you can use the menu
> 'Quick Playlists->All Tracks. The attached (included with the directory
> browsing patch) also allows you to select the 'All Tracks' nodes to add
> all the tracks below the current node to the playlist. I also made it do
> the same if you select any of the 'Artists', 'Albums', 'Genres' ...
> nodes as well for consistency. Untested so needs someone to give it a spin.
>
>> 4.  Any list longer than ~100 entries should automatically subdivide
>> into sublists
> I hated the split nodes which is why I didn't add them back. I know
> [...]
Paul,

Milllion thx  for those patches. They are GREAT extensions to already
nice new mythmusic. I'm really happy as I really miss directory browsing
mode !
I think now mythmusic almost reaching missing DJ mode.
I You only add toggle "Switch to Playlist mode / switch to DJ mode" and
make sure that in DJ mode pressing OK on given song will playback it
instead adding it to current playlist - I think current mythmusic will
be real functional super-set of old mythmusic.
With such enhancement I can't imagine any functional complaints for
current mythmusic vs. old one.

-br