[mythtv-users] REGRESSION: mythbackend 0.25 does not recover firewire connection without restart anymore

Marc MERLIN marc_mtv at merlins.org
Thu May 3 19:29:58 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 03, 2012 at 11:10:59AM -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
> I suggest try running plugreport from the command line before and after
> the power-off, to see if maybe the port is changing, or some other
> parameter is getting reset. If the port is changed or the n_p2p is reset
> this may be preventing the backend from connecting.

I forgot to mentoin that I went back to broadcast first, since broadcast was
working fine with S3 sleep with myth 0.24, and it does not work anymore
without me restarting mythbackend

Before sleep:
Node 0 GUID 0x001e8c0001700d3a
------------------------------

Node 1 GUID 0x001e46fffe6c0d04
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=63, data_rate=1, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

After sleep:
Node 0 GUID 0x001e8c0001700d3a
------------------------------

Node 1 GUID 0x001e46fffe6c0d04
------------------------------
oMPR n_plugs=1, data_rate=2, bcast_channel=63
oPCR[0] online=1, bcast_connection=0, n_p2p_connections=0
        channel=63, data_rate=1, overhead_id=0, payload=376
iMPR n_plugs=0, data_rate=2

> Another suggestion - set the wakeup for 5 minutes early, then have a
> script that checks plugreport for a good connectionto the firewire, then
> restarts the backend. I am not sure how you will kick off this script at
> wake-up time, there probably are several ways to do this.

That's great for a backend, but not for my backend/frontend.

> I have a bunch of scripts for checking the status of firewire and other
> things, and sending emails and text messages if something is
> disconnected of failing. I can share them if they may be useful.

I see you wrote your own too :)
Sure, maybe you have something I don't have (please look at the scripts I sent
you in the URLs of my last Email).

Thanks,
Marc
Microsoft is to operating systems ....