[mythtv-users] 0.25 Gentoo Ebuilds

Scott Alfter scott-sender-2f809c at alfter.us
Thu May 3 18:08:13 UTC 2012

On 5/3/2012 09:34, Robert Longbottom wrote:
> What have other Gentoo users done to upgrade to 0.25?

I switched to the mt-mythtv ebuilds before upgrading to 0.25:

https://github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv

I used it to upgrade to the latest 0.24-fixes at first, then I took the plunge
yesterday and switched to 0.25-fixes.  The only snags I ran into were the
following:

1) MythMusic no longer uses libvisual or SDL.  The ebuild needs to be updated:
    https://github.com/MarcT/mt-mythtv/issues/16
2) I had a custom .mythtv/mainmenu.xml on one machine to add Hulu Desktop as
    an item in MythTV.  Since MythVideo is now part of the frontend and is no
    longer a plugin, it wasn't showing up until I renamed mainmenu.xml to keep
    it from loading.  (I never used Hulu beyond playing with it a little bit
    when the Linux client was first released, so nothing of value was lost by
    having it gone from within MythTV.)

Scott Alfter
scott at alfter.us