[mythtv-users] MythMusic Revamp Ideas

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:22:51 UTC 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The cool thing about the video is that while it did feature mouse clicks,
> > that could all be achieved with an IR remote control directional pad,
> back
> > button, and the center/enter key (on the MCE USB remote).
>
> Using directional buttons to control an on-screen cursor is really a
> pain.  The lack of speed control means that the cursor is always
> moving too fast or too slow.  Remotes that have an accelerometer (as
> in the Roku) can effectively control a cursor, but I wouldn't want to
> try that with an MCE remote.
>
> > Isn't there already an onscreen keyboard (at least in 0.24 there was)?
>
> Possibly.  There may be a setting somewhere that disables it.  I
> usually have a real keyboard handy so I might have disabled it years
> ago and forgotten about it.

I didn't mean a cursor being controlled by a remote.  That would be a HUGE
headache and a major step backwards in functionality.  I was thinking more
along the lines of the remote D-Pad controlling a "box" on the screen.  You
hit up, the box moves up to the selection above it's current position.  I
was thinking that the cursor would not be on the screen at all.