[mythtv-users] Shows being titled as "Season" in mythvideo

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 3 10:35:16 UTC 2012

On 30 April 2012 21:30, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 April 2012 19:59, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> What happens if you change those episode names to:
>>
>> 01 Pilot.mp4
>> 02 The Big Bran Hypothesis.mp4
>> 03 The Fuzzy Boots Corollary.mp4
>>

> Thanks Mike,
>
> I had thought of that, seeing that was the supported naming convention on
> the wiki, but figured as it worked for most things, the "." must be parsed
> OK.
>
> I have just tried this though, removed the folder, ran a scan, renamed the
> episodes to remove the ".", put them back and scanned again.
>
> Got the exact same output in the logs however, just without the "." in the
> file names.
>
> As an experiment, I took out another folder, Band of Brothers, did a scan,
> then put it back and scanned again.  It was all perfect previously, but
> after this process, it is now named as the others are, with "Season" as the
> title.
>
> So it appears the correlation is the time the metadata was pulled for
> these shows, new ones I have put in are getting the bum info, ones that
> already had the info are fine.
>
> The only major thing I did change was to move all of my media onto an
> extra 2TB HDD I installed, then change the storage directory to
> "/media/media/Videos", this is the folder where "Series" and "Films"
> resides, possibly related, but not sure how.
>
> Thanks

Hi all,

Has anyone recently added any series to MythVideo and had the info populate
like this?  Or has anyone had everything work correctly?  I assume it must
be something with my system, as it hasn't been mentioned by anyone else on
the list.

I have been experimenting with moving the folder of video to different
locations and re-scanning, root folder, the films folder, but every time it
gets titled as "Season".

I also tried creating a new folder (located on the system HDD), added that
as a storage directory and then put the series in there, but the same thing
happened.

Finally, I tried a different naming method:

The Big Bang Theory > The Big Bang Theory Season 1 > 01, 02, 03 etc etc etc

But when running a new scan, myth titled the files as "The Big Bang Theory
Season", so it seems that whatever the folder name about the video files is
how they are titled.

Lastly, I tried taking a directory level out, so it was just:

The Big Bang Theory Season 1 > 01, 02, 03 etc etc etc

But this made no difference!

If there is anything I can provide to help get to the bottom of this.

If anyone else can try re-adding something to there MythVideo (re-scanning
after moving the folder out and then again after putting them back, to
remove the DB entry), that would be great.

Cheers

Martin