[mythtv-users] MythMusic Multiple Folders

Jim Oltman jim.oltman at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:53:56 UTC 2012

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 3:03 PM, Eric Sharkey <eric at lisaneric.org> wrote:

> On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 10:25 AM, Jim Oltman <jim.oltman at gmail.com> wrote:
> >  There are a couple reasons they are in different folders.  The best
> reason
> > is that if I have my Christmas music in the same folders as my "normal"
> > music, then when I hit ALL SHUFFLE, I could get some Bing Crosby White
> > Christmas in the middle of July.  I'm not a fan of that idea.
>
> But why do that with folders?  Isn't that what the genre field is for?
>
> Eric

I generally do a "shuffle all" when I have MythMusic on.  I hate creating
playlists.  So creating a list with all genre's except Christmas and
Classical is just too difficult.  I just wish there was a way to integrate
the three programs I use so I can create a playlist once, and not have to
dink with it any further.