[mythtv-users] Easy Question: Plug and Play IR for MythTV?

tortise tortise at paradise.net.nz
Sat Mar 31 02:30:41 UTC 2012

On 31/03/2012 2:42 p.m., Andrew McCauley wrote:

>  > > http://rtr.ca/sapphire_remote/
>  > >
>  > > Report back later.
>  >
>  > After half an hours use it seems to work fine in mythtv and xbmc using
>  > the sapphire driver per the page above.
>
> I have been using that remote and driver for several months.  It
> performs perfectly for my needs.  I was able to use my Harmony 900 to
> learn the codes and now am using the harmony instead of the stock remote.

Why the IR requirement?

How about an ipazzport KP-810-16?

LMGTFY:
http://www.focalgadgets.com/ipazzport-kp-810-16-mini-usb-2-4ghz-wireless-keyboard-gyro-sensing-fly-mouse-universal-remote-control-pc-tv-android.html

The answer is yes to the following:

Plugnplay
Rechargeable by USB
Wireless to 10m
Full Keyboard
Mouse function
Small form factor

Oww yes and its a learning IR too.

OK what's missing?  The Lepracorn to take voice commands and work it for
you!