[mythtv-users] Mythweb Program Finder?

Zarthan South zarthan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 22:00:11 UTC 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 2:16 AM, William Uther <
willu.mailingLists at cse.unsw.edu.au> wrote:

> Hi all,
>  Thanks for all the suggestions on remote access.  I've decided to give
> mythweb another try.  I am not having the issues I had before.
>
>  Is there anything in MythWeb at the moment similar to the Program Finder
> in MythFrontend?  i.e. a listing of all shows that you might choose to
> record alphabetically by show.
>
>  I note that with the 'remote' option in mythweb you can drive to the
> Program Finder itself.  Also there is the search functionality, but that
> doesn't do what I want.  e.g. If I want to record MASH.  I can search for
> 'M' in the title and get almost everything, or I can search for 'MASH' and
> get nothing (the show is in the guide as M*A*S*H).
>
>  I would like an alphabetical listing of all shows (by title, with the
> option to list all the individual episodes once I've found the title).
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Will       :-}

You might want to have a look at http://code.google.com/p/mythepisode/ and
mythwish. Mythepisode and Mythwish are add ons to mythweb. They are a
manual install/configure but they do work as advertised and should do what
you want. Mythepisode will grab a current list of ALL shows available.
Big emphasis on ALL. Once you select the the show it will return a listing
of all the episodes in order complete with episode descriptions. You can
select all or just individual episodes. If you have installed mythwish as
well it can run as a cronjob and add the episodes to your scheduled
recordings as they turn up.

BTW Mythweb allows you to sort by the column headings. Just select a column
and it will sort based on the heading. Select again and it will sort in
reverse.