[mythtv-users] Preferred method for remote access?

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Mar 29 01:58:16 UTC 2012

I'm going to take this opportunity to thread-jack and ask for assistance
getting mythweb working. Once upon a time (about .23) I had it working
but stopped using it. Now I'm on master and for the life of me I cannot
get it to work.

The php bindings are there according to mythtv's configure, and mythweb
is in the correct place at the root of /var/www/html.
But entering http://myth.mandamus.org/ gives me an error page, that
MythBackend.py cannot find out the MasterServerIP nor BackendIP...

I am running everything on localhost/127.0.0.1 (and hosts maps 127.0.0.1
to localhost.) And mysql thinks that that is true too. Apache is running
but mythweb won't.

Apache/mythweb gives me this:
error string:  !!NoTrans: MasterServerIP or MasterServerPort not found!
You may need to check your mythweb.conf file or re-run mythtv-setup!!
     filename:  /usr/local/share/mythtv/bindings/php/MythBackend.php
   error line:  42

This is the chunk of MythBackend.py which fails, even when poked with
values:

  private $fp                     = null;
     private $connected              = false;
     private $host                   = '127.0.0.1';
     private $ip                     = '127.0.0.1';
     private $port                   = '3303';
     private $port_http              = '6543';

     static function find($host = null, $port = null) {
         static $Backends = array();

     // Looking for the master backend?
         if (is_null($host)) {
             $host = setting('MasterServerIP');
             $port = setting('MasterServerPort');
             if (!$host || !$port)
                 trigger_error("MasterServerIP or MasterServerPort not
found! You may "
                             ."need to check your mythweb.conf file or
re-run mythtv-setup",
                             FATAL);

Can anyone help me here?

Geoff