[mythtv-users] 0.25 Remote setup

Dave Badia dbadia at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 00:39:40 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 10:55 PM, Michael T. Dean
<mtdean at thirdcontact.com>wrote:

> On 03/27/2012 09:26 PM, Dave Badia wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 4:26 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>>
>>> The implementation meant that the script ... only worked with LIRC
>>> button presses (so no audio feedback when using a keyboard to initiate an
>>> action).
>>>
>> I know this is an old thread but in prep for .25 I have to ask....
>>
>> I recently setup a bluetooth remote and am using this functionality in
>> 24-fixes to execute a script on certain keypresses.  I couldn't use
>> irexec since the bluetooth remote is going through the uinput module.
>>

> If you're not using LIRC, you're not using the LIRC keypress application
> in whatever version of MythTV you have (as described in the part of my
> message I left, above).

Lol, that's a good point.   I set all of this up about a year ago, and then
brought that FE inside for the winter.  Now that it's warming up, I
recently put it back out on our porch and got thinking about the upgrade to
.25.   But as you say, I'm not using LIRC; I have to go back and see what I
did.  How quickly one forgets the details.

>  Since this feature is removed in .25, is there some other way to get
>> irexec like functionality for a normal key press event?
>>

> Or are you saying that you never used this functionality, but it sounds
> like what you want?  You're trying to set something up, new, and wonder
> what you use with 'keyboard' type input?  (If so, something like Erik
> mentioned or just map a key using your Window Manager's key bindings.)
>

> Mike

Thanks for the suggestions
Dave